The Mechanical Engineer will design semiconductor and clean energy technology process equipment. The engineer is responsible for developing, documenting, and validating new product designs, as well as improving existing designs to meet customer requirements.
- Work with semiconductor and clean energy process engineers to define requirements for new chambers. Design process chamber components that meet those requirements. Characterize performance to validate design.
- Design variety of components including simple mechanisms, flow delivery components (injectors, showerheads), and components supporting high temperature heaters.
- Determine design approaches and parameters. Propose, review and evaluate designs.
- Design and conduct experiments and tests.
- Work across multi-disciplinary groups. Conduct design reviews.
- Analyze gas/liquid distribution designs using commercial computational fluid dynamics software. Analyze linear and non-linear thermal/stress problems using FEA.
- Develop BOM structure and manufacturing documentation, including assembly and test documentation.ECO release products for production.
- Work closely with vendors to specify purchased and manufactured products.
- Ensure program objectives and goals are met. Update management on progress.
- BS/MS/PhD in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Entry level or 5 years of experience preferably in the semiconductor capital equipment industry. ALD/CVD experience a plus.
- Knowledge of thermodynamics, fluids, plasma, RF and vacuum chamber design.
- Thorough understanding of fundamental engineering principles with a proven ability to correlate analytic data with empirical results.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, self-motivated, ability to work in a team environment.
- Outstanding people skills, with the specific ability to interact with team members.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience or interest in Fluent, CFX, or CFD-ACE and FEA (ANSYS) desirable.
- Experience with SolidWorks and use of PDM systems desirable.
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerance is desirable.
- Broad knowledge of various manufacturing practices such as: Machining, welding, laser cutting, stamping, sheet metal processing as well as surface coating, plating, cleaning processes, etc.
We offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages. EOE.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.